With our most recent podcast we discussed crypto wallets both hot and cold. Because there are too many to actually include in our podcast we thought it best to list a few here. Crypto wallets come in 3 main categories: Hot, Warm, and Cold. We’ve listed out wallets based on those categories and what blockchains they are used for.
Hot Crypto Wallets
These are wallets that are quick to access and easy to use. Because of this most of the community would say that they are the least secure, but where everyone starts.
EVM (Ethereum Based Chains)
- MetaMask: https://metamask.io – Works on all popular browsers and has a mobile client.
- Coinbase Wallet: https://www.coinbase.com/wallet – Works on all popular browsers and has a mobile client.
- TrustWallet: https://trustwallet.com/ – iOS and Android only
- Frame: https://frame.sh/ – Desktop Application with Browser Addon
- Rabby: https://rabby.io/ – Currently works on Chrome and Brave
- Rainbow: https://rainbow.me/ – iOS and Android only. Aimed mostly towards NFTs.
Cosmos Hot Wallets
- Keplr: https://www.keplr.app/ – Works on Brave and Chrome
Phantom: https://phantom.app/ – Works on all popular browsers.
Terra Station: https://station.terra.money/ – Desktop Application with Browser Addon
Warm Crypto Wallets
We label these warm because of the Hot and Cold labels, but these wallets are still software and reside on your computer, but have limited if any connection to web3.
Cold Crypto Wallets
These are wallets that are usually separate hardware that has some level of not being able to be connected to be the outside world.
Ledger – https://www.ledger.com/
This hardware wallet was one of the first in the industry. They have a robust selection of chains that work with them as well as an application called Ledger Live that lets you stake your assets.
Trezor – https://trezor.io/
This hardware wallet features a small screen to interact with as well as supporting a robust selection of chains.
Lattice1 – https://gridplus.io/
This hardware wallet features a tablet like interface that displays your transactions for your approval and supports BTC and EVM compatible chains.